Digital One launches digital radio consumer guide
LONDON - Digital One, the national commercial digital radio service provider, has produced a free consumer guide to DAB digital radio, available from today.
The guide features information, profiles and programme listings for all of the national commercial digital radio stations, along with an overview of some of the digital radios that are currently on the market.
The guide will be sent out to those requesting it via the www.lovemyradio.com website and is being supported by direct mail activity and in-store at a selection of electrical retail outlets.
The DM activity will initially focus on mailing the existing database of subscribers to Digital One's 'Stay in Touch' electronic bulletin and Digital One's own postal database. However, further DM activity is being planned.
The guide has been produced in response to requests from digital radio owners, and is an opportunity for people to find out more about the variety of programmes and services available through national commercial DAB digital radio.
The launch of the guide coincides with a promotional campaign Digital One is running this week with Associated Newspapers' London freesheet Metro on its website metro.co.uk.
The deal involves banner ads on all pages of the site, which will include promotions for Digital One's spinthedice.com competition, Digital One's new consumer guide to DAB digital radio and the national commercial digital radio stations, as well as raising general awareness for DAB digital radio.
Glyn Jones, operations director at Digital One, said: "Metro's website provides a great vehicle for us to work with in our aim to continue to get people involved with what digital radio has to offer. We have found that the internet is a great way to raise awareness with our target audiences."
Digital One is pioneering DAB digital radio across the UK and the rest of the world. It has the biggest commercial radio investment in digital radio. Along with the BBC, Digital One is also the biggest stakeholder in the Digital Radio Development Bureau and is a leading member of the WorldDAB Forum.
Digital One owns and operates the UK's only national commercial digital multiplex and is 63% owned by GWR Group and 37% owned by cable operator NTL.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London