US mattress firm hires three for UK consumer launch
LONDON - US mattress manufacturer Aero Products International has hired three communications agencies to manage its £1.4m direct response launch in the UK.
Advertising agency Tugboat is producing a campaign for the air-filled mattress' target consumers. The campaign, which crosses TV, press and print, is set to run later this summer following the retail launch.
The TV and national print ads will feature a direct response element.
Communications consultancy Salt will host Aero's press office. It is developing a global manual to establish Aero's messages and processes, and will handle media relations to support each retail launch and the wider consumer campaign.
Media planning will be handled by Zed. All three agency will form an integrated team providing media planning, consumer advertising, trade relations, direct-to-consumer stunts and consumer PR.
Aero is unheard of in the UK but is well known in the US. The company's UK managing director, Susan Young, said: "There is an AeroBed in one in four households in the US, and while we do not expect this to happen in the UK overnight, we believe that having such a strong integrated team will support Aero's move into retail and raise awareness among UK consumers."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton