Off and online activity impact measured in new service
LONDON - A new service claims it will be able to measure the impact of online and offline advertising, marketing and PR campaigns on a geographic basis.
WebtraffIQ says that it has been testing the geo-location web analytics service, and is now ready to launch it to all of its clients.
It provides geographic location information of visitors to microsites or websites by mapping IP addresses.
Marketing professionals can then use this information to understand the impact of local promotions, off and online, allowing companies to regionalise product messages if necessary.
Marcos Richardson, European director at WebtraffIQ, said: "The benefit
for website owners is the vast improvement in marketing and sales
effectiveness, clearly demonstrating and calculating the return on
investment. Clients may now review the geographical market place and
monitor responses to local promotions off and online."
The service has already been used by Reuters Business Insight, which says it plans to incorporate information provided by the service into its next regional integrated campaign.
Kevin Hutchinson, chief technology officer of WebtraffIQ, said: "Unlike many of our competitors who have partners with geo firms, we felt that there would be great value in doing this in-house and offering it to our clients without price restrictions and contractual limitations."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Lead Digital Web Designer: (Web, Rich Media, CMS, HTML, CSS) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- SEO Engineer - Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London