Fans flock to Charlie's Angels site as sequel released
LONDON - Surfers are flocking to the 'Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle' movie website as the sequel, staring Demi Moore, gets its worldwide release, according to Nielsen//NetRatings.
Additionally, Nielsen//NetRatings AdRelevance data shows that more than 16.7m ad impressions were served during the week ending June 15 promoting the movie online.
The success of Sony's 'Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle' has demonstrated the need for studios have plenty of multimedia content to attract fans including games and trailers.
The 'Full Throttle' site includes an online game 'Charlie's Angels: Angel X' where you play a new recruit to the detective agency; trailers from the movie and an animated prequel 'Angels' cartoon strip.
"Content-rich websites are a must-have for movie studios to draw fans in and help build the buzz around the premiere," Marc Ryan, director and senior internet analyst at Nielsen//NetRatings, said. "The online presence ties in with the rest of the marketing campaign, including television commercials, billboards, print ads, and other promotions."
The second film, which features Moore making her comeback alongside 'Angels' Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu, follows up from the 2000 original 'Charlie's Angels'.
The latest net traffic figures compare to the first time around when Nielsen//NetRatings data showed traffic to the Sony Pictures site soared 56% to 1.7m unique visitors from home and work in November 2000, when 'Charlie's Angels' premiered.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Social and Digital Media - Leading Luxury Brand Digital Gurus £55000 - £65000 Per Annum plus bonuses, London