Fans flock to Charlie's Angels site as sequel released
LONDON - Surfers are flocking to the 'Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle' movie website as the sequel, staring Demi Moore, gets its worldwide release, according to Nielsen//NetRatings.
Additionally, Nielsen//NetRatings AdRelevance data shows that more than 16.7m ad impressions were served during the week ending June 15 promoting the movie online.
The success of Sony's 'Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle' has demonstrated the need for studios have plenty of multimedia content to attract fans including games and trailers.
The 'Full Throttle' site includes an online game 'Charlie's Angels: Angel X' where you play a new recruit to the detective agency; trailers from the movie and an animated prequel 'Angels' cartoon strip.
"Content-rich websites are a must-have for movie studios to draw fans in and help build the buzz around the premiere," Marc Ryan, director and senior internet analyst at Nielsen//NetRatings, said. "The online presence ties in with the rest of the marketing campaign, including television commercials, billboards, print ads, and other promotions."
The second film, which features Moore making her comeback alongside 'Angels' Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu, follows up from the 2000 original 'Charlie's Angels'.
The latest net traffic figures compare to the first time around when Nielsen//NetRatings data showed traffic to the Sony Pictures site soared 56% to 1.7m unique visitors from home and work in November 2000, when 'Charlie's Angels' premiered.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London