WSJ Europe appoints director of corporate development
LONDON - Dow Jones & Company has appointed Dominic Samuelson to the newly created role of director of corporate development at The Wall Street Journal Europe.
Samuelson is currently managing director, international, of Dow Jones Conferences and has been with the company since 1998.
The main focus of his new role will be to grow circulation for the paper in the corporate market, and to create and develop sponsored packages in Europe for the print and online versions of The Journal.
He will also have responsibility for The Wall Street Journal Europe's "Future Leadership Programme", which is targeted at leading universities and business schools throughout Europe.
In his new role, he retains his responsibility as head of the international conferences group, responsible for producing top-level conferences and executive briefings, as well as coordinating Journal Europe-branded events throughout the region.
Based in London and heading a team of 14, Samuelson will report to Rien van Lent, managing director of The Wall Street Journal Europe.
According to van Lent: "We're delighted to welcome Dominic to The Wall Street Journal Europe's leadership team. His extensive and highly regarded experience in the conferences arena will benefit us greatly in our drive to increase the Journal Europe's presence in the corporate market, through the development of strategic sponsored packages, high-profile executive briefings and branded events throughout Europe."
In addition to Samuleson's appointment, the WSJ Europe has announced that its circulation marketing director, Rick Zednik, will take on an expanded role.
He will now look after retail and bulk sales of the paper, along with his current responsibilities for individual subscriptions, customer support and marketing communications. Zednik has been with The Wall Street Journal Europe since July 2002.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London