Xfm website revamp to include Christian O'Connell blog
LONDON - Christian O'Connell fans will be able to read the thoughts of the breakfast show DJ as radio station Xfm updates its website to include weblogs.
Xfm claims its blogging section will be a first for a European radio station. Presenters, including O'Connell and James Hyman, will keep fans up to date with news from their shows, and the blogs will also feature photographs taken by presenters on picture messaging mobile phones, which can be uploaded instantly.
It is one of several new features introduced on the redeveloped Xfm.co.uk site. Users will also find a new multimedia section, giving access to the station's musical back catalogue, including Xfm Sessions and webcasts of live gigs. New tracks and downloads will be added each week.
The site will also feature several new advertising formats, including larger box-icons, skyscrapers and inline ads. HMV, which already sponsors the programme 'Music: Response', will sponsor the new online shop, where users can buy CDs. Users will still be able to listen to the station online.
Xfm said that the site had been redeveloped because of the growth in broadband usage.
Graham Hodge, head of Xfm Online, said: "The goal of Xfm Online has always been to do everything the radio station can't, and the new site represents the next level of this with DJ blogs and an increased emphasis on on-demand audio and video. It, above all, acknowledges the fact that over half of our online users are using broadband to access the internet."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- EMEA Mobile Agency Manager (Mobile Ad Technology) Digital Gurus £45000 per annum + 90,000 OTE, London
- Sales & Account Exec - #Mobile #Advertising #London Digital Gurus £18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE upto £26,000 (Package), London
- VP Business Development - Mobile Innovation / Products Digital Gurus £85000 - £125000 per annum + benefits, London
- Technical Sales Manager #RTB #Mobile #London Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 per annum + + OTE 50%, City of London
- Digital Designer - London - £25,000 - £30,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London