Cowes Week launches SMS and email alert service
LONDON - Yachting fans and journalists will be kept up to date on the latest goings-on at this year's Cowes Week by means of a new SMS and email news alert.
E-marketing agency StoneShot is working on a three-month campaign with Skandia to promote the financial services company's sponsorship of Cowes Week, which kicks off in two days' time.
During the event, which runs from August 2 to 9, the campaign will include updates on winning crews, invitations to prize-giving events and news alerts for the media. The official site of the event is Cowesweek.co.uk.
Giles Elliott, head of marcoms for Skandia in the UK, said: "Using email and SMS means Skandia can distribute invitations to prize-giving events immediately after race results are announced and distribute news to the media in real-time -- something that wouldn't be possible using traditional means of communication."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london