Cowes Week launches SMS and email alert service
LONDON - Yachting fans and journalists will be kept up to date on the latest goings-on at this year's Cowes Week by means of a new SMS and email news alert.
E-marketing agency StoneShot is working on a three-month campaign with Skandia to promote the financial services company's sponsorship of Cowes Week, which kicks off in two days' time.
During the event, which runs from August 2 to 9, the campaign will include updates on winning crews, invitations to prize-giving events and news alerts for the media. The official site of the event is Cowesweek.co.uk.
Giles Elliott, head of marcoms for Skandia in the UK, said: "Using email and SMS means Skandia can distribute invitations to prize-giving events immediately after race results are announced and distribute news to the media in real-time -- something that wouldn't be possible using traditional means of communication."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London