Cowes Week launches SMS and email alert service
LONDON - Yachting fans and journalists will be kept up to date on the latest goings-on at this year's Cowes Week by means of a new SMS and email news alert.
E-marketing agency StoneShot is working on a three-month campaign with Skandia to promote the financial services company's sponsorship of Cowes Week, which kicks off in two days' time.
During the event, which runs from August 2 to 9, the campaign will include updates on winning crews, invitations to prize-giving events and news alerts for the media. The official site of the event is Cowesweek.co.uk.
Giles Elliott, head of marcoms for Skandia in the UK, said: "Using email and SMS means Skandia can distribute invitations to prize-giving events immediately after race results are announced and distribute news to the media in real-time -- something that wouldn't be possible using traditional means of communication."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London