Record ad revenue rise at Sun and News of the World
LONDON – News Group Newspapers, publisher of The Sun and the News of the World, has reported record ad-revenue figures across both titles and related publications for the year to 30 June 2003.
The Sun recorded revenues up 4.2%, which included income from its TV Magazine and The Sun Online. Revenues on its sister paper the News of the World was up 8.7%, including income from its Sunday Magazine supplement.
Ian Clark, director of advertising, said the rise in revenues was down to increased investment by the publisher to help advertisers get more out of their budgets.
"This is a tough period for the industry but we've got a really strong sales team and when you couple that with greater resources and an improved understanding of client needs, then it's easier to deliver," he said.
Clark added that the newspapers had benefitted from increased spending on inserts and ads from retail clients.
He said: "Our greatest increases in ad revenue have come from areas where return on investment is more readily highlighted, such as inserts and display ads from the retail sector. Our record performance from the strategic sales team also reflects our innovation."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London