'Je t'aime' serenades men at a urinal in new Vodafone ad
LONDON – The familiar strains of Serge Gainsbourg's 'Je t'aime' will serenade two men at a urinal, in the latest ad for Vodafone live! that breaks across Europe tomorrow.
The ad, created by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, promotes Vodafone's downloadable ringtones, and builds on the main "How are you?" brand for the mobile phone giant.
In the spot, two men are using a urinal when one of their phones begins to ring. The ringtone is "Je t'aime ... Moi non plus", recorded by Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin in the 1960s.
The ad was written by Jon Burden, art directed by Scott Claridge and directed by Tarsem through Radical Media in London. It will be shown in the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands and Portugal.
Gainsbourg and Birkin's song was used in an earlier campaign this year for the French beer Kronenbourg, in an ad created by M&C Saatchi that speculated on what Britain would be like if the French had won at Waterloo.
Vodafone's advertising tends to make the most of music, featuring songs from bands such as the Mock Turtles and Dandy Warhols.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London