Shop the hooligans, urges campaign by Redhouse Lane
LONDON – Football fans are being encouraged to hand in information on hooligans in a hard-hitting campaign for England's Football League clubs.
The campaign has been created by Redhouse Lane and is backed by the National Criminal Intelligence Service, in conjunction with Crimestoppers, and will include banner ads on official club websites, posters and beermats.
The campaign aims to increase the level of intelligence authorities have on football-related violence and racism.
One of the posters shows a crowd of football fans, with a man lying in the street being viciously kicked. The headline is: "This is nothing to do with football".
The second, "England's toughest opponents", will focus on the problem of overseas violence.
Collaborators on the project include Premium TV, the main online media partner; the FA Premiership; the Football League; British Transport Police; the Football Safety Officers Association; and local police forces.
Andy Davies senior designer at Redhouse Lane, said: "The message is that football hooliganism is a threat to the game both at domestic and international levels. True fans need to consider their loyalties and provide law enforcement with the information it needs to take action against hooliganism."
A total of 6,500 posters are to be distributed to 92 clubs and the beer mats will be distributed to pubs in the vicinity of matches.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais