Ask Jeeves UK redesigns pages to boost ad revenue
LONDON – Ask Jeeves UK is relaunching its results page today in an effort to boost revenues from sponsored searches and give users an improved service.
The redesign will deliver advertising associated with a user's search on the results page, with Ask.co.uk saying it has upgraded the technology to give more relevant information.
Enhancements on the site include a related search tool, "Ask Jeeves Recommends", and a picture search. Unrelated advertising will disappear and all sponsored searches will be clearly marked on the site.
Adrian Cox, CEO of Ask Jeeves UK, said: "By enhancing our core search functionality, we believe we will drive consumer usage and frequency, which is key to further developing the Ask Jeeves media platform for advertisers."
Ask Jeeves remains one of the biggest brands on the net. But as people turn to Google and other search engines, the site has had to move from its launch positioning as the simple-language search engine that allowed users to ask a question such as "Where can I buy a stereo?".
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton