Ask Jeeves UK redesigns pages to boost ad revenue
LONDON – Ask Jeeves UK is relaunching its results page today in an effort to boost revenues from sponsored searches and give users an improved service.
The redesign will deliver advertising associated with a user's search on the results page, with Ask.co.uk saying it has upgraded the technology to give more relevant information.
Enhancements on the site include a related search tool, "Ask Jeeves Recommends", and a picture search. Unrelated advertising will disappear and all sponsored searches will be clearly marked on the site.
Adrian Cox, CEO of Ask Jeeves UK, said: "By enhancing our core search functionality, we believe we will drive consumer usage and frequency, which is key to further developing the Ask Jeeves media platform for advertisers."
Ask Jeeves remains one of the biggest brands on the net. But as people turn to Google and other search engines, the site has had to move from its launch positioning as the simple-language search engine that allowed users to ask a question such as "Where can I buy a stereo?".
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London