TV Licensing drive warns Scots 'Get one or get done'
LONDON – The BBC has launched a major integrated advertising and marketing campaign in Scotland using advertising, public relations and direct activity that warns viewers north of the border to get a TV licence or 'Get done'.
Last year, 90,000 viewers got caught watching TV without a licence in Scotland. The campaign aims to reduce this number with the message "Get one or get done".
The ads point out that every 3.5 seconds someone in Scotland gets caught watching TV without a licence and faces a fine of up to £1,000.
Katherine Roberts, BBC marketing manager for TV Licensing, said: "The Scotland launch has followed the development of a specific campaign tailored to tackle those people in Scotland who are evading paying the TV licence fee.
"The approach was chosen to magnify our message to those who continue to evade and break the law. We would like them to know that the threat of getting caught is real, and this omnipresent campaign reflects the ubiquitous activity TV Licensing is conducting in the area with increased inspector visits."
The campaign includes outdoor activity across bus sides and billboards, alongside ads on commercial radio and on-air trails on BBC TV and radio stations, supported by direct mail and PR activity.
The campaign was developed by the AMV Consortium, comprising Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Proximity London and PR firm Fishburn Hedges. The consortium picked up the work after a long, drawn-out pitch process in December 2001. The media agency is PHD.
A similar campaign carried out in Northern Ireland generated 3,000 TV licence applications.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire