TV Licensing drive warns Scots 'Get one or get done'
LONDON – The BBC has launched a major integrated advertising and marketing campaign in Scotland using advertising, public relations and direct activity that warns viewers north of the border to get a TV licence or 'Get done'.
Last year, 90,000 viewers got caught watching TV without a licence in Scotland. The campaign aims to reduce this number with the message "Get one or get done".
The ads point out that every 3.5 seconds someone in Scotland gets caught watching TV without a licence and faces a fine of up to £1,000.
Katherine Roberts, BBC marketing manager for TV Licensing, said: "The Scotland launch has followed the development of a specific campaign tailored to tackle those people in Scotland who are evading paying the TV licence fee.
"The approach was chosen to magnify our message to those who continue to evade and break the law. We would like them to know that the threat of getting caught is real, and this omnipresent campaign reflects the ubiquitous activity TV Licensing is conducting in the area with increased inspector visits."
The campaign includes outdoor activity across bus sides and billboards, alongside ads on commercial radio and on-air trails on BBC TV and radio stations, supported by direct mail and PR activity.
The campaign was developed by the AMV Consortium, comprising Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Proximity London and PR firm Fishburn Hedges. The consortium picked up the work after a long, drawn-out pitch process in December 2001. The media agency is PHD.
A similar campaign carried out in Northern Ireland generated 3,000 TV licence applications.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands