Goldman Sachs seeks industry views on future spend
LONDON - Goldman Sachs is undertaking a research project asking advertisers about their future spending plans and where they plan to deploy their budgets, in the hope it will provide a counterbalance to what the major ad groups such as WPP Group, Havas and Publicis, say.
The investment bank says that it is the first time that anyone in the financial community has undertaken such widespread research.
The aim of the survey is to get a short- and long-term look at what advertisers are planning to do with their budgets. It will also examine the impact of the Olympic Games and European Football Championships next year -- something that the major advertising groups are counting on to give their revenues a boost.
The survey is being conducted by Marc Sugarman and Thomas Singlehurst, two media analysts at Goldman Sachs, and can be filled out online at www.gs.com/globaladsurvey. All answers are non-attributable and respondents are able to get a copy of the research when it is published.
According to Singlehurst: "The survey aims to uncover whether the way the agencies are planning their development -- both in terms of geography and discipline -- matches the way the advertisers themselves expect their marketing strategy to evolve."
Anyone wanting further information can email Thomas.Singlehurst@gs.com.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London