Ministry of Sound links with GWR to launch radio show
LONDON - Dance music brand Ministry of Sound is launching a branded local radio show across GWR-owned The Mix network's 31 local radio stations.
The show, which kicks off tonight, airs from 9pm to 1am and is hosted by DJ Howard Ritchie. The show will feature big club hits such as Ultrabeat's 'Pretty Green Eyes' and 'Complete' by Jaimeson, as well as dance and urban hymns like 'Sunlight' by DJ Sammy and 'No Letting Go' by Wayne Wonder.
Nick Whitehurst, director of brand partnerships for Ministry of Sound, said: "The partnership with GWR's Mix network of 31 radio station allows us to share our passion for and expertise in dance music, with a huge audience across the UK, giving them the best dance music on their local radio station every Friday and Saturday night."
The deal was negotiated between MoS and Creation, the programming and content arm of GWR. The show will be co-produced by Creation and Wise Buddah.
Dirk Anthony, managing director of Creation, said: "We're convinced that our millions of listeners have an appetite for real music variety, and including a famous brand like Ministry of Sound, with its experience and credibility in the dance music world, adds to the mix of music styles our stations give them. Add to that great promotional ideas and we have a show that's right for our listeners."
Ministry, which was set up by James Palumbo, son of property tycoon Lord Palumbo, and James Bethell, son of Lord Bethell, in a disused bus depot in a rundown part of Elephant & Castle, has become one of the UK's biggest media brands since its inception in 1991.
The company was thought to have been in trouble last year as the clubbing market began to wane, but has re-emerged with a more streamlined business and a new chief executive in Mark Rodol, who took over from Rebecca Mistry earlier this year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London