Reunion site to help media types to get back in touch
LONDON – The reunion craze is continuing with the launch of a site dedicated to helping those working in the media stay in touch.
In just eight weeks since Mediabuddies.com was first announced, more than 450 staff, freelance and retired journalists and other media people have already registered as founder members. The majority are journalists and PR executives from the UK and America. Others are signing up daily from North America, Europe, Asia and Australasia.
When the site becomes fully operational in September, members will be able to search for and contact old colleagues via the database using a variety of criteria, including name, discipline and publication title. There will also be a chat-room for real-time communication.
Mediabuddies was founded by former Times journalist, vice-chairman of Edelman Public Relations Worldwide, and international president of Medialink Worldwide, David Davis, after the telephone and internet failed to help him trace former colleagues at his first job on the now folded Croydon Times.
Davis got the idea after clearing out a cupboard filled with old press cuttings. "They brought back so many great memories that I wondered what had happened to my old friends since we had gone our separate ways. Then I realised that my situation could be multiplied thousands of times, that there was a vast global population of 'lost' friends and contacts."
The site is being supported by a number of news and media organisations including the National Association of Press Agencies, The Media Trust and the marketing industry's charity, the National Advertising Benevolent Society.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London