Ramsey turns down WCRS creative post to stay at BBH
LONDON - Russell Ramsey is to stay in his role as creative director of Bartle Bogle Hegarty following an attempt by WCRS's senior management to poach him as part of a plan to buy the agency out from French owner Havas.
WCRS, currently riding high on the success of its 118 118 directory enquiry campaign for The Number, could soon be independent as chairman Robin Wight, executive creative director Leon Jaume and chief executive Stephen Woodford hatch a plan to buy the agency out of Havas, which also owns the Euro RSCG Worldwide network.
According to Campaign magazine, the team had been trying to lure Ramsey from BBH to take the joint creative role with Jaume, but now Ramsey has decided to stay where he is.
Ramsey is a long-standing member of staff at BBH and has worked on some of its best-known campaigns including Levi's and Bertolli, first as an art director before taking the role of creative director.
Havas is in the midst of a reorganisation as it expands the Euro RSCG brand to become its single global agency network.
As yet, there is no formal deal tabled for a buyout of WCRS, but talks are said to be progressing. Peter Scott, a co-founder and former managing director of WCRS, is also reported to be in discussions about possible funding of the MBO.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London