Initiative appoints Hughes European commercial director
LONDON - Initiative Media has promoted regional director of central and Eastern Europe Glyn Hughes to the newly created role of European commercial director, which will see him based in London.
Hughes moves to the Initiative EMEA office in London from Warsaw immediately and will report to Initiative EMEA chief operating officer Sergio Lorca.
In his new role, he will head a team dedicated to developing organic growth, overseeing procurement and building Initiative's pan-European client base.
He will work closely with the agency's international client service teams located in the key regional hubs in London, Paris and Hamburg.
A former J Walter Thomson associate director and BBJ board planning director, Hughes has worked as regional director for central and Eastern Europe at Initiative for seven years.
During this time, he is credited with spearheading the expansion of Initiative's business operations in Central and Eastern Europe.
He has also worked on the launches of the network's regional platforms in Moscow, Poland and the Czech Republic and has led Initiative to become the leading agency network in the region, turning it into the fastest growth area for the network.
Lorca said: "Initiative has rewarded Glyn's excellent track record in creating a new position for him, a role which we have been discussing for some time, it just needed the right person. Glyn has the personal drive, experience and market savvy to build our business and to surpass the objectives set before him."
This newly created position is designed to reflect Initiative's commitment to further enhance its business model and structure, which was recently underpinned in a new corporate branding exercise.
Hughes' former role will be filled by Bela Nemeth, who moves up from his position as managing director of Initiative Budapest.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire