Minnie and Kate Driver appear as faces of Principles
LONDON - High-street women's retailer Principles has taken the celebrity route in its new campaign by signing Hollywood star Minnie Driver who, along with her lesser-known film producer sister Kate, is to be the new face of womenswear label.
The pair appear in a series of posters promoting the fashion store, with a black-and-white theme taken by the celebrity photographer Matthew Rolston. In one of the pictures, the sisters wear outfits reminiscent of the swinging sixties.
Driver is as famous for her movies, which include 'Good Will Hunting' and 'Grosse Point Blank', as she is for being dumped by her celebrity boyfriends, who have included Matt Damon and, more recently, Harrison Ford.
"Principles' autumn/winter collection is a fantastic translation of all that's best from the catwalk. You can look stylish and fashionable without looking like you're tried too hard," Minnie Driver said.
The images will be used as part of a wider campaign starting from September 1, which will include in-store and public relations activity. Principles' PR agency is Freud Communications.
Peter Davies, managing director of Principles, said: "We chose Minnie and Kate Driver because we were looking for two celebrity sisters who embody the Principles' philosophy -- understated glamour with a contemporary twist."
Principles is owned by Rubicon Retail, which also owns the women's fashion brand Warehouse and Hawkshead. It was formed in October 2001 as the vehicle for a management buyout of four brands from Arcadia Group, later selling the Racing Green brand.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London