P&G names Europe's Glock to new global media role
LONDON - Procter & Gamble has created a new role overseeing its global media interests, and appointed a European, Bernhard Glock, to the job.
Glock will take the role of manager of global media and communications at the US consumer goods giant starting September 1. He previously held the title of director of media for Europe and Asia and of direct-to-consumer capability for Europe. In his new role, he is responsible for leading the global media organisation, media strategies, plans and agencies for the consumer goods giant.
It is not clear whether Glock has been given a brief to overhaul P&G's media arrangements. The company, which owns brands such as Pringles, Pampers and Olay, has most of its media buying handled globally by Publicis Groupe's Starcom MediaVest and Grey's MediaCom, as well as ZenithOptimedia in the UK. P&G is estimated to spend around $3.8bn (£2.4bn) globally on advertising every year.
Glock reports to R Kerry Clark, vice-chairman of the board and president of global market development and business operations, as well as global marketing officer Jim Stengel, who said that the creation of the role demonstrated P&G's commitment to consumer-led marketing.
Glock said: "This role presents P&G with the opportunity to grow our relationships with P&G's media managers, agencies and business partners around the world.
"Together, our goal will be to leverage our expertise to create more powerful consumer connections for P&G's brands."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Manager Red Sofa London £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - TECHNOLOGY COMPANY - WEST LONDON - £35k Salt £35000 per annum, London
- Project Manager - 35k, based near Victoria Source £30000 - £35000 per annum + performance related bonus, London
- Senior Marketing Manager - B2B Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus & benefits, London
- UI Developer - London - 25-40k Creative Recruitment £25000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Director Â–Integrated Retail Agency ADLIB £38k - £45k + Bens, Wiltshire