DEC launches email appeal to help Liberians
LONDON - The Disasters Emergency Committee is launching an email marketing campaign targeting 20,000 regular charity supporters to raise funds to help the 1m people in Liberia whose lives have been thrown into disarray by the 14-year civil war.
The email campaign is being managed by the Charity Technology Trust, a not-for-profit organisation that helps charities use online marketing to drive up support.
The database and technology for the campaign has been donated by marketing services and data firm Consodata.
Dawn Orr, managing director at Consodata, said: "We are very proud to offer our services to such a worthy cause. Email marketing requires understanding and knowledge of the target audience as well as the messages that are being conveyed."
She added: "Unlike postal campaigns, it is important to ensure email campaigns are not only highly targeted but that they achieve stand-out in a much more competitive arena. I hope that our involvement in this project provides some much-needed support for this genuinely heart-rending cause.
The DEC Liberia Crisis Appeal was launched to help scale up the relief effort of 11 major UK charities including Oxfam, Save the Children, Christian Aid and Action Aid.
Consodata provides holds lifestyle data on 7m consumers, which can be searched using 300 criteria.
The company provides on and offline data services to clients including Allied Domecq, News International, Procter & Gamble, MBNA and BMW.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London