Interactive Weakest Link game hits mobile phones
LONDON - Fans of the hit BBC show 'The Weakest Link' will be able to play a version of the quiz on their mobile phones.
Viewers will be able to pay and download the game via Sky Active's mobile games service Your Games, thanks to a link-up between the publishing division of developer Digital Bridges and Sky Interactive.
Players will answer questions against the clock and, following the format of the TV show, can bank their points or continue after each question. Individuals completing a round successfully vote off their weakest subject.
Gaming specialist Digital Bridges developed the game on a licence from BBC Worldwide.
"Mobile content is a growing area of activity for BBC Worldwide and we look forward to expanding the catalogue in the future," Gerry Clark, new technology and applications director at BBC Worldwide, said.
The game is available for a range of Nokia and Sharp Java-enabled handsets and there are plans to offer it via other portals and operators in the UK.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Account Director - B2B Comms - Central London WE ARE THOMAS £50-55k plus benefits, Central London
- SEO Executive - Full Service Media Agency - London Norton Leigh 25k + Benefits, Central London
- Category / Trade Marketing Executive Ninesharp £20000 - £22000 per annum + Benefits, Hertfordshire
- Social Media Account Manager - London agency Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits!, London