Durex backs rib ticklers with stand-up tour sponsorship
LONDON - Durex condoms could be in for a good ribbing with the brand signed as sponsors of a new stand-up comedy festival, featuring 'The Office' star Mackenzie Crook.
The festival is called 'Stand-Up with Durex Performa' and will tour the UK this autumn. McCann-Erickson Manchester, the agency behind the "roger more" advertising for the brand, has helped developed the concept of the festival along with comedy promoter Karushi.
Appearing with Crook, who also featured in the summer blockbuster film 'Pirates of the Caribbean', are Perrier Award winner Daniel Kitson and BBC National Talent Award winner Alan Carr.
Paul Rudge, marketing manager for Durex, said that it was not just a sponsorship deal.
"We have played an active role in developing a touring festival that has a number of close links to our product. We launched the Durex Performa condom this year and the stand-up comedy festival is an excellent way of using humour to promote the quality of the new condom," he said.
The tour will visit Birmingham, Newcastle, Glasgow and Manchester, with promotions for Durex Performa appearing on around 600 vending machines in these cities.
There will be PR and promotional support from September until the final dates of the tour in November. More information can be found at the Durex website.
Durex Performa condoms contain a cream that helps to delay a man's orgasm, meaning he can last longer. Two poster ads for the condom, one reading "roger more" and the other reading "ejaculater", were banned earlier this year after being deemed sexist and offensive by the Advertising Standards Authority.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London