Nestle launches Kit Kat Kubes with text blitz
LONDON - Nestle Rowntree is using an SMS teaser campaign through mobile marketing agency Aerodeon to promote the latest brand extension of its Kit Kat bar, Kit Kat Kubes, to 16- to 25-year-old women.
Kit Kat Kubes are bite-sized versions of the bar, which come in a bag and launch in the UK this month. Bite-size chocolate bars are said to be popular among young women, who are conscious of the amount of chocolate they eat.
The drive will also aim to drive up interest in that area among young men.
The teaser campaign will go out to a selection of Nestle customers who took part in Kit Kat's recent "Britain's Biggest Break" campaign and opted in to receive promotional offers from the company. Aerodeon will also supply details of appropriate consumers from its consumer SMS database.
Recipients will receive messages about Kit Kat Kubes and the chance to request free samples of the product direct by sending a text message to a designated number.
The campaign is part of a £48m spend Nestle has set aside to support the launch of Kit Kat Kubes over the next five years.
A TV ad campaign by J Walter Thompson breaks on October 1 and runs for four weeks. The strapline will be "Have lots of little breaks", featuring the 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' star Jason Statham.
With a spend of £10m, Nestle estimates that 96% of the UK population will see or hear the campaign. The company hopes to capitalise on the "guilt factor" associated with chocolate by offering the option of eating a little bit at a time through the day.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, Central London