Euro RSCG buys UK's largest independent health agency
LONDON - Euro RSCG is continuing to expand its healthcare advertising business with the acquisition of Money Syner Communications, the largest independent healthcare ad agency in the UK.
The agency will be renamed Euro RSCG Life MSC in line with the practice of bringing all of the agency's units under the one brand. Money Syner brings clients with it including GlaxoSmithKline, Merck Sharp & Dohme, Novartis, Roche and Schering Plough.
Michel Nakache, CEO of Euro RSCG Life Europe, said: "Money Syner Communications should make us the largest healthcare advertising agency in the UK and will double Euro RSCG Life's presence in the UK. This represents a major development in the skills and talents available to our clients, creating a competitive advantage in the UK."
Euro RSCG Life was formed in February of this year when parent company Havas aligned 44 different healthcare agencies under the one brand, including advertising, PR and marketing agencies.
The major global advertising groups, including Publicis Groupe, the WPP Group and Grey Global Group, are all building their healthcare offerings as the industry proves to be one of the more profitable areas.
In the UK, it is still illegal to advertise prescription medication directly to consumers, but there are moves being made by drug companies to have these restrictions lifted. In the US, pharmaceutical companies are allowed to advertise prescription medications on television.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex