Century to boost female audience with 'chick track' CD
LONDON - Capital Radio Group-owned regional radio network Century FM is continuing its pursuit of female listeners with the launch of a 42-song 'Hairbrush Divas' CD.
The CD is being developed in conjunction with Warner Bros and will feature music from the 80s to the present day, reflecting the network's playlist, and will backed by an ad campaign.
The tracklisting includes singalong classics such as Chaka Khan's 'Ain't Nobody', Cyndi Lauper's 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'; The B52's 'Loveshack' and Gloria Gaynor's 'I Will Survive'.
Lisa Higgins, Century brand marketing director, said: "Thanks to our unique '80s, 90s and now' music policy, Century FM is a increasingly strong brand proposition. The 'Hairbrush Divas' playlist reflects the network's undeniable female appeal and will provide a perfect party soundtrack for girls getting ready for a night out -- it certainly is music to sing along to."
The launch of the CD will be backed by a TV, outdoor and PR drive, kicking off with a special invite-only, VIP event.
The CD comes on the back of the station's first brand advertising campaign, which ran in the spring. The TV and outdoor campaign ran across the network's key regions in the North West on 105.4 FM, North East on 100-102FM, and in the Midlands on 106 FM.
"The success of phase one of the campaign and the increased awareness of the Century FM brand has built a great foundation for the CD launch," Higgins said. "We'll soon be revealing phase two of the long-term campaign, which continues the 'sing along to' theme.'
The second treatment in the "Radio you just have to sing along to" campaign features four girls singing the Ronan Keating song 'Lovin' Each Day' a cappella, as a father figure drives them home after a night out.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London