Teletext shortlists four for £6m planning and buying task
LONDON – Teletext Holidays has selected a shortlist of four to battle it out for its £6m media planning and buying account, previously held by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
MG OMD, which held the account for seven years, was not invited to repitch for the business, leaving it open to ZenithOptimedia, Vizeum, John Ayling Associates and I-Level.
Agencies will present during the next month and Teletext aims to have an agency in place by November 1.
The task will cover the Daily Mail & General Trust-owned service's entire media planning and buying, although the bulk of it is made up of Teletext Holidays.
Speaking about the decision to review the account, Teletext marketing director Marc Bell said: "We're pleased with the way in which MG OMD has supported us and its contribution has played a major part in helping us to grow our brand. However, after seven years we feel it is appropriate for a fresh approach to our media planning and buying."
Teletext said in a statement that it has no plans to review its other retained agencies, which include creative agency Delaney Lund Knox Warren, Band & Brown Communications for PR, and TBA Marketing, which handles its business advertising.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, London
- PR Account Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + plus bonus, Milton Keynes
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South West
- Account Manager/SAM - Corporate to £45k Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Market Researcher Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, South East