Teletext shortlists four for £6m planning and buying task
LONDON – Teletext Holidays has selected a shortlist of four to battle it out for its £6m media planning and buying account, previously held by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
MG OMD, which held the account for seven years, was not invited to repitch for the business, leaving it open to ZenithOptimedia, Vizeum, John Ayling Associates and I-Level.
Agencies will present during the next month and Teletext aims to have an agency in place by November 1.
The task will cover the Daily Mail & General Trust-owned service's entire media planning and buying, although the bulk of it is made up of Teletext Holidays.
Speaking about the decision to review the account, Teletext marketing director Marc Bell said: "We're pleased with the way in which MG OMD has supported us and its contribution has played a major part in helping us to grow our brand. However, after seven years we feel it is appropriate for a fresh approach to our media planning and buying."
Teletext said in a statement that it has no plans to review its other retained agencies, which include creative agency Delaney Lund Knox Warren, Band & Brown Communications for PR, and TBA Marketing, which handles its business advertising.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Account Executive AF Selection Up to £22,000, West Midlands
- Marketing Executive AF Selection £22,000, Manchester