FT to start printing international edition in South Africa
LONDON - The Financial Times is hoping to boost its sales in South Africa as it begins printing its international edition in the country.
The paper will be available on the morning of publication to the business community of Johannesburg and Pretoria.
The move to print in South Africa follows the trialing of a daily digital version to test the South African market and is in response to customer demand.
Zach Leonard, managing director of Europe, the Middle East and Africa for the FT, said: "Given the increase in sales of the Financial Times in South Africa and the ever-growing popularity of FT.com, we felt the need to offer our customers a better service."
The FT now prints in 21 cities around the world, including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Madrid, Miami, Milan, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Seoul, Singapore, Stockholm and Tokyo.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London