FT to start printing international edition in South Africa
LONDON - The Financial Times is hoping to boost its sales in South Africa as it begins printing its international edition in the country.
The paper will be available on the morning of publication to the business community of Johannesburg and Pretoria.
The move to print in South Africa follows the trialing of a daily digital version to test the South African market and is in response to customer demand.
Zach Leonard, managing director of Europe, the Middle East and Africa for the FT, said: "Given the increase in sales of the Financial Times in South Africa and the ever-growing popularity of FT.com, we felt the need to offer our customers a better service."
The FT now prints in 21 cities around the world, including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Madrid, Miami, Milan, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Seoul, Singapore, Stockholm and Tokyo.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Executive - Abingdon Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Business Development Executive, London,£35k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £44000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Strategist Rare Selection £30,000 - £35,000 + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)