CNN gets more financial execs than other news TV
LONDON - CNN International has the biggest audience of financial executives of all the international news channels, in Europe and on a global basis.
According to the Global Capital Markets Survey, which polls chief financial officers and other senior financial managers, CNN beat CNBC, Bloomberg and BBC World for global reach of this audience.
CNN claims an audience of 71% of financial managers and senior executives in banks and financial institutions across Europe on a monthly basis. Bloomberg and BBC World each claim a monthly reach of 50%, while CNBC lags behind at 45%.
Globally, CNN's monthly reach rises to 75%, beating CNBC at 54%, and Bloomberg and BBC World, which tie on 47%.
Jonathan Davies, senior vice-president of CNN International advertising sales for Europe, Middle East and Africa, said: "These findings endorse CNN as the best vehicle, both globally and in Europe, for reaching individuals who are at the heart of decision-making in the world's financial communities."
In the same survey, BBC World was the only channel to have grown in every measure of viewership in the three continents covered -- Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. The survey also found that in Europe and Asia Pacific, the number of people who only watch BBC World has grown by 61% since 2000.
Aaron Heslehurst, business presenter at BBC World, said: "This confirms the findings of other regional studies that BBC World delivers senior company leaders more effectively than the specialist business news channels."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London