Agent Provocateur undies land SClub's Rachel in trouble
LONDON - Former SClub singer Rachel Stevens is in trouble after she appeared wearing Agent Provocateur knickers in a magazine shoot, despite having a £100,000 sponsorship deal with rival underwear label Pretty Polly.
The photo shows Stevens posing in a pink pair of knickers by Agent Provocateur and a camisole by DKNY, and appears in the November issue of IPC Media's Marie Claire magazine.
According to reports, the stylist on the shoot was unaware of Stevens' deal with Pretty Polly when she chose the outfit. But this has not placated Pretty Polly, with an insider at the company reported to have said: "It's caused a lot of bad feeling. We want her to make up for it by doing photoshoots for other glossy mags in our gear."
Agent Provocateur has a reputation as one of the hippest lingerie labels in the world and once ran a raunchy advertising campaign starring another diminutive pop singer -- Kylie Minogue. However, it is in something of a different league price-wise to Pretty Polly. A pair of Pretty Polly briefs sells for around £8, while a similar item from Agent Provocateur will set the buyer back as much as £60.
Stevens, dubbed the pretty one in SClub, has made the biggest impact of all the former members of SClub, which disbanded earlier this year. She has long been a favourite of lads' mags, having an on again/off again romance with the 'Holby City' actor Jeremy Edwards, and still having time to release a single, 'Sweet Dreams My LA-Ex', which went to number two in the charts.
Her record company Polydor hopes that a poster campaign for her new album 'Funkydory' will have the same traffic-stopping impact as Eva Herzigova's "Hello Boys" outing for Wonderbra in the mid-1990s.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London