Eidos hires Billington Cartmell for football game task
LONDON - Computer games company Eidos has hired Billington Cartmell to develop an integrated pan-European marketing campaign to support the launch of the new 2003/2004 season edition of its football management game 'Championship Manager'.
The brief included a revision of the brand's identity, packaging and design and the development of above-the-line, direct marketing and in-store promotional activity to encourage more football fans to play the game.
'Championship Manager' is the world's fastest-selling PC game, having already sold 4m copies worldwide since launch. Players get to experience the highs and lows of football management on their PC.
The new edition for the 2003/04 season will be available from the end of November 2003.
Ric Williams, head of marketing at Eidos, said: "'Championship Manager' has an incredibly loyal following and our challenge now is to widen the game's appeal by attracting new football-loving fans. We have appointed Billington Cartmell on the strength of its strategic and creative understanding of our consumers and their relationship with football."
Billington Cartmell recently developed a global ad campaign for Carlsberg, to support its club sponsorship of Liverpool FC.
The agency is responsible for all UK exploitation of Carlsberg's England and FA Cup sponsorships and is also responsible for the Lucozade Sport promotional association with Michael Owen.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- QC Portfolio Sport 100, London (Greater)
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)