Aegis buys airport advertising firm PSI in £5.2m deal
LONDON - Aegis Group, owner of Carat, has acquired airport advertising specialist PSI in a deal worth £5.2m.
The company, which specialises in planning and buying advertising in airports, was founded in 1999 from a management buyout of Primesight International. At Aegis, it will join the holding company's global outdoor media network Posterscope.
Doug Flynn, chief executive of Aegis, said: "We view airport advertising as a robust and growing market, especially for multinational advertisers who want to reach the exclusive business traveller audience.
"PSI is the UK's premier airport advertising expert and its acquisition enhances Posterscope's position as Britain's leading outdoor media specialist. Posterscope has grown rapidly in recent years and we are now close to having a truly global outdoor network."
Posterscope has offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific, and billings of around £900m. In the UK, it has 98 staff and a 42% share of the specialist market.
Airport advertising revenues have proven resilient despite the impact of SARS and the war in Iraq on passenger numbers. JCDecaux, the French advertising giant that owns a large number of airport advertising sites, recorded a 3.5% rise in organic revenues in its transport division during the first half of the year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London