Purely Media's Alexander opens B2B media agency
LONDON - Whichmedia, a new media-planning and buying agency, has been launched in Manchester by Purely Media's Amanda Alexander to focus on business-to-business media.
Alexander has joined forces in a strategic tie-up based on reciprocal new business with PHD Compass in Manchester, which launched earlier in the year.
Despite business-to-business advertising being one of the hardest hit sectors in the advertising downturn, Alexander said there were signs of life in the market.
"The business-to-business magazine sector is woefully under-serviced and seems to be perceived as unglamorous. I am incredibly passionate about it and believe there is potential to grow a sizeable resource, offering clients the experienced research and planning they deserve," she said.
Before setting up Whichmedia, Alexander was head of business-to-business at Purely Media, a division of Mediaedge:cia Manchester. Prior to that, she was media manager for business-to-business media at Carat Business.
Steve Blakeman, managing partner at PHD Compass Manchester, said: "We are delighted to be working with Whichmedia as we feel our respective areas of expertise provide a powerful combination to prospective clients."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)