AIS develops DM pack for BMW 5 Series launch
LONDON - BMW is aiming to demonstrate the attention to detail that has gone into the development of the new 5 Series with a direct mailing that focuses on some of the car's smallest features.
The pack, created by Archibald Ingall Stretton, contains a rivet from the car, alongside the line from the above-the-line advertising campaign "All we know about the car, in a car".
An explanation of the contents of the pack is also offered, with the line, "A rivet is just a rivet unless it's from the new BMW 5 Series".
Richard Downes, customer marketing manager at BMW, said: "The new 5 Series represents the pinnacle of BMW's engineering skill. It's a groundbreaking car and we want to demonstrate the depth of innovation that goes into making it so special. The pack that Archibald Ingall Stretton has produced builds on the launch proposition in an unusual and engaging way, illustrating the attention to detail that owners can expect from BMW."
The pack, which has been sent out to drivers of rival marques, who may aspire to owning a BMW, also includes a booklet full of pictures of tiny parts in the car -- from gears to washers. The accompanying copy explains how each piece has been developed and why its role is so significant.
Alistair Bryan, account director at Archibald Ingall Stretton, said: "We didn't want to simply mimic the TV campaign, but to build on the idea at its base instead. The premise behind the 5 Series launch is that every single aspect of the car has been created and honed using the knowledge accrued by BMW over decades of car production. We felt that by concentrating on the single, tiny parts that make up the 5 Series, we could convey this sentiment with impact -- while also creating a platform for us to expand on the car's virtues."
The TV campaign broke in September and shows drops of ink seeping from books, faxes, computers to form a sea of sticky black goo that finally comes together to form the shape of the car. It was created by WCRS.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London