FT.com launches tailored keyword news alert service
LONDON - FT.com is launching a tailored news alert service, allowing subscribers to receive keyword bulletins, which it is backing with a marketing campaign featuring the slogan 'Your Word is Our Command'.
Subscribers will be able to choose a keyword, including a company name, an industry, or even an individual name, and be sent a regular email with news updates on their chosen subjects whenever relevant news breaks.
The marketing campaign to launch the new alert service will appear on more than a million sandwich bags in the UK, including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol, Edinburgh and Glasgow, advertising a new online game promoting the new service.
Two games, 'Extendaword' and 'FT News Alert Challenge', are key parts of the launch marketing campaign. Both games will last until the end of the year. Prizes for 'Extendaword' range from Xbox consoles to MP3 players and will be awarded on a weekly basis to the highest scoring team. The winner of 'FT News Alert Challenge' will win a luxury holiday to Tobago.
Gill Hart, marketing director at FT.com, said: "The introduction of FT.com subscriptions has been a great success and the next step in this valuable, premium service is the launch of FT news alerts. Anyone interested in global news can't afford to be without an FT.com subscription."
The Financial Times website now offers two levels of subscription. The first includes industry-specific news collections, news by email, specialist comment, including Lex notes, a powerful search tool and access to main pages of the FT newspaper on screen. Level 2 provides all of the above features plus a world press monitor and detailed financial data on 18,000 companies on some 55 exchanges.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London