MMI overhauls SMG Television's family of websites
LONDON – SMG, the Scottish media group, has relaunched its family of websites including those for its two television stations and those of its flagship programmes.
The new websites for SMG Television were created by Scottish new-media agency MMI and have been redeveloped to improve site navigation and usability.
Enhanced site features include 10-day programme listings, detailed online news from 'Scotland Today' and 'North Tonight', five-day weather forecast information, together with significantly increased opportunities for interactivity.
Donald Emslie, chief executive of SMG Television, said: "Realising a professional online presence that both caters for viewers and the business-to-business community is vital for a vibrant communications company such as SMG Television. Just as importantly, these sites will allow SMG Television to increase its international profile and realise access to overseas markets."
There are also new sites for the B2B areas of SMG's business with special features including an online search facility for library footage and clip sales and detailed information on SMG Television Resources' range of studio facilities and production/post-production technology.
Gerry McCusker, director at MMI, said: "SMG Television is one of the best-known media properties in Scotland. We have built a website that not only is consistent with the channel's style and character, but allows SMG Television to expand and enhance the level of service in this medium."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Propel £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Web Designer Propel £28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes