Virgin pushes no-contract broadband in Albion ads
LONDON - Virgin.net is pushing its broadband service with a humorous campaign telling customers that will not be forced to sign up for a 12-month contract.
The six-figure advertising campaign, created by Albion, breaks this week and will appear in London Underground stations.
The poster work will be followed by direct marketing campaign and online marketing activity to drive the message home.
There are five different executions, each bringing home the pain of having to sign up for a 12-month contract. The creative compares the 12-month contract to other little joys in life such as "Your first day at school", "team-building trips" and "dancing at Christmas parties".
One execution reads: "It's not much fun being forced into things. Outward bound courses, caravan holidays with the in-laws, Lederhosen, 12 month contracts."
The campaign was written by Matt Gibbins, creative director at Albion, and art directed by Darren Hughes.
Peter Tuomey, sales and marketing director at Virgin.net, said: "Virgin and contracts don't go hand in hand, so our broadband service was never going to force contracts on customers like some other ISPs."
Virgin.net is competing with other broadband providers, which advertise on television, including AOL, Freeserve and BT Yahoo! Broadband.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London