Vizeum beats two to take £6m Teletext media account
LONDON - TV and online news and information service Teletext has handed Aegis-owned Vizeum its £6m media-planning and buying work.
Vizeum beat ZenithOptimedia and John Ayling Associates, which pitched with i-level, to the account. Incumbent Manning Gottlieb OMD, which has held the account since 1996, did not repitch.
The review was overseen by Teletext marketing director Marc Bell.
"Vizeum impressed us with its knowledge and understanding of our business and it used this to recommend a highly creative strategy, which I'm confident will deliver great cut-through for the brand," Bell said.
This is the second media account the agency has won since the former BBJ relaunched this summer as Vizeum, placing more emphasis on communications.
The Teletext account team will be headed up by Vizeum managing director Trista Grant, alongside communication planning director Stuart Newman. The business will mostly be made up of Teletext Holidays campaigns.
"Teletext Holidays has a strong market position, accounting for one in 10 holidays sold in the UK. We're excited by the challenge of helping the business grow from these firm foundations to expand its digital reach while protecting its analogue heartland," Newman said.
Teletext has also held an internal review of its digital marketing requirements and appointed DLKW Dialogue to handle its £2m online creative and email marketing account, previously managed by Alcone.
Bell said: "Our Teletext Holidays.co.uk website has grown phenomenally in the last year, customer-segmented email marketing will increasingly play an important role in supporting this growth. DLKW has handled our creative business for three years and delivered excellent results. Its sister agency Dialogue has strong credentials and will utilise the creative team's knowledge to deliver fully integrated campaigns."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire