O2 targets bars with direct response campaign
LONDON - Mobile phone company O2 is planning a direct response ambient campaign in 30 bars to push its O2 Home service, which enables users to make cheap mobile calls from their home.
Admedia has developed the campaign, which will be targeted at young people in bars in the Admedia network around London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
The direct response campaign centres on moulded A3 panels with 3D creative and 3D stickers on mirrors in bar washrooms. The panels will have hundreds of tear-off slips attached to the bottom -- Admedia's Response-Its -- with details of the new deal and the O2 website address.
Washroom visitors can tear off the slips and use them later to sign up to O2 Home, a new service aimed at 16- to 25-year-olds who don't have a fixed phone line at home and O2 customers who make a high percentage of their calls from their mobile while at home.
The creative promotes O2 Home's Bolt-On package, which enables users to make a fixed number of calls from a registered UK postcode, and all the creative has a bolt-head theme.
The campaign will also include 30,000 3D bolt-head-shaped beer mats distributed to the bars involved, as well as bar-runners stretching the length of each bar.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire