Lowe wins games channel PlayJam's brand-building task
LONDON - Lowe has picked up the creative account for PlayJam, the interactive gaming channel run by Open TV.
The agency was appointed without a pitch to develop a series of television ads to appeal to the core 16- to 34-year-old target audience for the channel, whose users pay for more than a million games each month in the UK.
Lowe's first campaign breaks next week on MTV, E4 and Sky One with a 30-second spot designed to build the PlayJam brand and drive new users to the channel.
The ad features a young salesman showing a couple around a bathroom showroom. The couple are shocked when the shop assistant unzips his fly and urinates into the showroom toilet, while keeping up his sales patter.
When his boss fires him, the salesman smiles, revealing that it was his intention to get the sack so he can go home for another game on PlayJam. The strapline for the campaign is "Can't wait until your next go?".
A second ad in the campaign features an office worker who gets himself fires by groping the breasts of a client.
The ads were written by Zac Ellis and art directed by Richard Littler at Lowe. Media planning and buying on the account is handled by ZenithOptimedia.
Lowe creative director Damon Collins said: "PlayJam is a cool, innovative client which is growing rapidly and has big ambitions. The ads are nicely irreverent, and we've got loads more ideas up our sleeve."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Content Specialist Harvey Nash £30000 - £35000 per annum + Package, Lichfield
- Brand Guardian/Artwork Manager Network Career Consultants £26000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive - 6 month contract Brand Recruitment £25000 per annum + plus benefits , Colchester
- Digital Project Manager PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, West London