Nissan brings 'live' advertising to Matrix screenings
NEW YORK - Nissan, the Japanese car manufacturer, is striving to cut through consumer cynicism towards advertising by planting live actors to perform ads at screenings of 'The Matrix Revolutions'.
According to a report in the New York Times, the actors will be seated among the audience, and have been given a script that is reminiscent of a "poetry slam".
The performances will coincide with an ad appearing on the screen, ending with the Nissan Altima logo. It was been created by a Los Angeles-based agency called True, part of a wider campaign to appeal to younger people.
The campaign is due to be screened in cities including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, New York, Philadelphia and Washington DC.
The New York Times quotes Christopher Davis, executive creative director at True, as saying: "We made sure the work would not be intrusive. We're not driving the car down the aisle."
But others disagree, saying that it is yet another example of commercialism creeping into every day lives.
'The Matrix Revolutions' opened this week, the final instalment of the trilogy starring Keanu Reeves, that combines state-of-the art special effects, dramatic fight scenes and a philosophical examination of free will versus predetermination.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London