Billington Cartmell hires Hogg for development role
LONDON – Integrated agency Billington Cartmell has poached 141 Communications' Vanessa Hogg to head up its business development.
Hogg joined 141 in summer 2002 as business development director with a place on the board.
She joined from Interfocus where she led its business development team for more than five years, bringing in new business including Bass, Lexus, Sheaffer Pens and Eurobet.com.
Ian Billington, co-founder of Billington Cartmell, said: "[Hogg] is both focused and tenacious with a high degree of self-motivation, drive and energy. In her previous appointments, she has shown an outstanding record of commercial achievement."
This is the third high-profile appointment at the agency, which is growing its DM team as it looks to strengthen its integrated offering to clients.
Hogg follows Aimee Welstead, who joined from Black Cat as business director of DM, and Adam Segury, who joined earlier this year from Dunnhumby Cinnamon, to head up the division.
Hogg said: "This is an exciting time to be joining Billington Cartmell. The calibre of the team is second to none both in terms of client side marketing background and the grown-up perspective this lends to promotional marketing.
"I look forward to capitalising on the recent success Billington Cartmell has seen with wins including Royal Mail and Eidos."
Billington Cartmell was formed 13 years ago and now has a staff of 60. Its renewed DM focus has also seen it launch a number of campaigns for Carlsberg and Dairylea, and open a field marketing division called Closer.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London