Draft appointed president of Cannes Lions Direct jury
LONDON - Howard Draft, chairman and CEO of Interpublic Group-owned below-the-line network DraftWorldwide, is to head up the direct marketing jury for the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
Draft was one of the agency's original 13 employees when it was set up in 1978 and rose through the ranks to become chairman and CEO within 10 years. In this role, he has overseen Draft's global expansion in 31 countries.
Draft provides integrated marketing across direct, promotions, digital, retail and experiential marketing, and strategic branding. It partners sister network Lowe for above-the-line work.
Roger Hatchuel, chairman of Cannes Lions, said: "Howard has been a keynote speaker in Cannes on direct marketing since we introduced this competition. We are delighted that he will return again in 2004, this time as jury president."
Last year, Draft delivered the keynote speech at the festival's direct marketing event, which launched in 2001, calling for lead agencies to be selected on their suitability, regardless of whether they are below or above the line.
"Chairing this prestigious competition is an honor, but it is also a responsibility I take very seriously," Draft said. "The marketing services industry has come a long way over the past 25 years. More and more, we are being viewed as full and equal partners at the client's marketing table. To continue our progress, we must keep raising our creative standards to produce strategic, brand-building programs that engage consumers and generate meaningful results. My jury's challenge will be to celebrate this kind of work."
The 51st International Advertising Festival will be held on June 20-26 2004 in Cannes.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Talented Mixed Methodology Researchers- Boutique Innovative Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £27000 - £40000 Per Annum, London
- Digital Strategy Director with Global Media Network Gemini Search £75000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Executive/Junior Account Executive fishtank £17000 - £22000 per annum, Surrey
- PR Account Director, B2B, German Speaking, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, London