Lego engages children's interest with online promotion
LONDON – Danish toy manufacturer Lego is running a pan-European interactive online campaign aimed at increasing interest in its Bionicle, Sports and Racers lines of toys and games among children in the run-up to Christmas.
Children's digital TV channels Fox Kids Europe, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network will each host separate microsites, which will feature promotions, downloads and games, for different Lego brands.
Visitors to Fox Kids Europe's websites in the UK, Norway, Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands will be directed to a microsite dedicated to the Bionicle action heroes.
The site will offer visitors the chance to win a complete set of Bionicle Rahkshs, Makuta and Taka Nuva figures, as well as introducing them to the second chapter of the Bionicle story and encouraging deeper involvement through interactive games and features.
Viacom-owned Nickelodeon will promote Lego Sports to visitors to its websites in the UK, Denmark, the Netherlands and Sweden. The promotion is focused on its skateboard and snowboarding toys, part of its new extreme sports range, and visitors will be driven to the site by banner, button, overlay and skyscraper ads.
Cartoon Network will run ads for Lego Racers on its sites in the UK, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the Netherlands directing visitors to a microsite, which will also host a competition to win a remote-controlled Lego Racer, with two Lego motorbikes for runners up.
Caroline Devys, account director at Starcom Motive, said: "The internet is beginning to dominate kids' media time, therefore it is a vital component for the Lego communication mix because it provides one of the best platforms for Lego to engage and interact with its target audience."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London