Yahoo! offers £30,000 media prize for top creative
LONDON - Yahoo! UK & Ireland is offering £30,000 of advertising space free as part of a campaign to boost the creativity of online advertising in the UK.
The company is running a series of workshops for people involved in creating ads for online campaigns, demonstrating that it is creativity and not technology that should be driving online advertising.
The workshops follow the Digital Art Works Summit organised by Yahoo! earlier in the year, which called for greater creativity and innovation in internet advertising.
The call was backed by industry figures including Sir Bob Geldof, who said: "The counterintuitive democratisation of the internet is taking place. It is no good ad agencies trying to act as the guardians of the flame when everyone has matches."
The Yahoo! workshops will begin in the middle of November, looking at the scale and reach of online advertising, its role in the marketing mix and how to develop great creative ideas into effective advertising.
Fru Hazlitt, managing director for Yahoo! UK & Ireland, said: "The dynamic, fast-moving pace of the internet means that it is possible for creatives to challenge traditional boundaries and stretch their imaginations, by customising content and harnessing the interactive power of the internet. We hope to help them unlock this potential and drive creativity online."
The £30,000 worth of media space on Yahoo! UK & Ireland competition will be launched at the first workshop, and will be awarded to the best online creative concept for a current traditional campaign. Yahoo! plans to roll out the workshops in France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- eCRM MANAGER - High Street Retailer Success Digital £45000 per annum, London
- Account Director Digital Gurus £50000 per annum + double OTE, City of London
- Senior Creative Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Woburn Sands
- Senior Packaging Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £40000 per annum, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Capability Manager - Kingston Upon Thames Stopgap negotiable, Kingston upon Thames