Home Office reminds Christmas shoppers of security
LONDON - The Home Office is stepping up its campaign to reduce car crime with face-to-face activity to encourage Christmas shoppers to observe simple security measures.
The push, which will be used to gather data for future DM, was developed by below-the-line agency Yellow Submarine and will roll out across shopping centres, kicking off at Bluewater in Kent.
Shoppers arriving at the centres will be met by local police officers handing out leaflets in car parks to shoppers as they arrive.
The police officers will encourage shoppers to visit the stands in the shopping centres to find out how to make their vehicles more safe and to collect a goody bag.
At the stand, more officers, along with Crime Disorder Reduction Partnership Officers, will invite shoppers to enter a competition to win new MG ZR160 car in trophy yellow, fitted with a range of market-leading security devices. Runner-up prizes include Tracker tracking devices and Stoplocks.
The agency has successfully secured sponsorship from a range of blue-chip motoring and security-related brands, including MG Rover, More Th>n, RAC, Retainagroup, Stoplock, Tracker and HP.
Elizabeth Hunt, account director at Yellow Submarine, said: "Our core aim is to promote in a memorable way the Home Office's vehicle crime reduction message. Creating a roadshow in conjunction with household names and placing it within an environment where members of the public and, in particular, drivers, will be receptive to these messages makes perfect sense. Working with local police forces in each region will ensure motorists take notice of the activity."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- PR Account Director, Entertainment/Broadcast, £40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 per annum, London