Canon puts exhibition featuring Kate Moss online
LONDON - Canon is launching an online gallery to support its exhibition of pictures taken by celebrities, including Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie and Kate Moss, the proceeds of which will go to charity.
The exhibition, On the Other Side of the Lens, launched in Camden last week with a reception attended by celebrities including Michael Stipe and Helena Christensen, but now photography fans outside London can view the pictures at the online gallery.
The site, built by cdp-travissully, is laid out like a real gallery, with pictures hanging on the wall. Clicking pictures will give a short biography of the celebrity who took the photo. The site also includes links to the Canon Ixus site and to the Red Cross.
The Other Side of the Lens showcases the photographic talents of celebrities usually seen in pictures, rather than taking them. Canon gave stars from the worlds of sport, fashion, music, literature and film a Canon IXUS digital camera and asked them to capture images of what inspires them.
Canon is now giving people the opportunity to bid for the prints being exhibited at an online auction on eBay. The proceeds of the sale go to the European Red Cross Societies.
The site has been created by cdp-travissully and PR for the campaign is through Nelson Bostock.
A book of the exhibition is also available.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Product Designer / Engineer Nu Creative Talent £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics & Insights Manager, top agency in Mancheseter Perfect Marketing People To £38k, Manchester, Greater Manchester