Abacus Direct hires Williams as marketing director
LONDON - Abacus Direct Europe, the direct marketing division of online advertising network DoubleClick, has named Claritas marketer chief Roger Williams as its international marketing director.
Williams has been in the direct marketing industry for more than 14 years, working in a variety of roles on the client, agency and marketing services sides.
Prior to joining Abacus Direct Europe, he spent nine-and-a-half years with Claritas, where he was involved in launching the Claritas brand into the UK marketplace. Most recently, he was head of marketing with responsibility for the marketing and communication functions of the data and small business divisions.
DoubleClick acquired the remaining 50% of Abacus Direct Europe that it did not own from Claritas last summer.
"Abacus' cooperative data is unrivalled both in terms of completeness and performance, it's a real privilege for me to join the leading company in this exciting market," Williams said.
Williams will be based in the UK and is Abacus Direct Europe's first international marketing director.
Abacus provides data and research to the direct marketing industry and manages the UK's largest proprietary transactional database of behavioural data from catalogue, retail, ecommerce and publishing markets.
DoubleClick sparked a data protection row when it paid $1bn (£650m) for Abacus's US operation in June 1999.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London