Abacus Direct hires Williams as marketing director
LONDON - Abacus Direct Europe, the direct marketing division of online advertising network DoubleClick, has named Claritas marketer chief Roger Williams as its international marketing director.
Williams has been in the direct marketing industry for more than 14 years, working in a variety of roles on the client, agency and marketing services sides.
Prior to joining Abacus Direct Europe, he spent nine-and-a-half years with Claritas, where he was involved in launching the Claritas brand into the UK marketplace. Most recently, he was head of marketing with responsibility for the marketing and communication functions of the data and small business divisions.
DoubleClick acquired the remaining 50% of Abacus Direct Europe that it did not own from Claritas last summer.
"Abacus' cooperative data is unrivalled both in terms of completeness and performance, it's a real privilege for me to join the leading company in this exciting market," Williams said.
Williams will be based in the UK and is Abacus Direct Europe's first international marketing director.
Abacus provides data and research to the direct marketing industry and manages the UK's largest proprietary transactional database of behavioural data from catalogue, retail, ecommerce and publishing markets.
DoubleClick sparked a data protection row when it paid $1bn (£650m) for Abacus's US operation in June 1999.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London