Skater store Route One launches e-commerce revamp
LONDON - Route One, the independent 'street' retailer, has launched a new online store as part of an overhauled direct retail operation.
Route One, which specialises in skateboard and BMX equipment, was established 15 years ago and has 18 stores throughout the UK, as well as its mail order business.
The new online store is part of an overhaul of its direct marketing operation, carried out by retail technology experts Snow Valley, and is fully integrated with Route One's fulfilment partner and a call centre.
The integration of the online store with Route One's fulfilment partner is designed to ensure orders flow directly through to the warehouse without manual intervention to reduce costs and increase speed and accuracy.
The online store itself offers advanced commerce to maximise sales revenues and a new front-end design to provide Route One's customers an engaging, but ultimately very straightforward, shopping experience.
Dan Croxen-John, direct manager at Route One, said: "The challenge for us was balancing style with substance. We want to provide a unique and rewarding experience for our customers every time they shop with us or visit our site. However, it's important that our operation is very slick, with a site that is fast, reliable and easy to use, and an infrastructure that allows us to deliver high-quality customer service as efficiently as possible."
Later additions to the site are to include a board-building feature, allowing customers to assemble and buy their own customised skateboards, as well as a feedback vote-ometer to allow Route One to gather feedback on the popularity of certain products.
As well as developing the online store, Snow Valley is also providing Route One with its call centre solution. This is installed in Route One's contact centre and allows call handlers to rapidly input orders for straight-through processing. Customer records and order history can also be accessed quickly and easily for high-quality customer service.
Ben Taylor, head of development at Snow Valley, said: "A standalone online store is no longer an option for any serious multichannel retailer. Integration between the site, call centre and warehouse is absolutely essential. It is the only way to dramatically increase online sales while improving operational efficiency. The solution we have delivered to Route One will grow its direct business and help it realise the benefits of multichannel retailing."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1