BBC and Haymarket agree customer publishing deal
LONDON - Haymarket Customer Publishing and BBC Magazines are to work together to develop a series of lifestyle customer magazines targeting the women's and retail markets.
The deal will see both BBC Magazines and HCP, which is part of the Haymarket Publishing Group, expand its customer magazine division, which already publishes titles for the British Army, Manchester United, Chrysler and, most recently, Uefa.
BBC Magazines recently signed a deal to publish a title for Tesco Personal Finance, and already publishes titles for the Royal Opera House and London's South Bank arts complex.
The new agreement builds on existing long-standing relations between the two companies in the exhibitions market, creating live events such as BBC Good Food Show.
Patrick Fuller, managing director of HCP, said: "This is a very exciting opportunity for two companies with complementary skills to work together with a number of blue-chip clients who will benefit from the customer publishing opportunities we can jointly develop. We have a proven track record of working closely and successfully with the BBC in exhibitions and are looking to recreate the chemistry in customer publishing."
The team working on future HCP/BBC Magazines customer publishing collaborations will be based at Haymarket's Teddington offices and will include Kate Scally, a former Redwood publishing director, who will continue to work with BBC Magazines as a consultant and be based with the company, while working closely with HCP's editorial and new business director Simon Kanter.
Peter Phippen, managing director of BBC Magazines, said: "As Britain's third-largest magazine publisher and one of the fastest growing, we have expertise in a variety of markets and, by collaborating with Haymarket, we'll be offering a strong proposition to clients wishing to develop lifestyle publications."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London