Michael Jackson turns to web after child abuse charges
NEW YORK - Besieged pop start Michael Jackson is fighting the media and PR battle against child abuse allegations online, after claiming that most of the people who say they are speaking on his behalf are not authorised to do so.
The site, Mjnews.us, will be the official source of communications on the case, Jackson stated in a letter addressed to fans, friends and family, and anything that does not appear on the site must be considered unauthorised.
According to Jackson: "You are right to be skeptical of some of the individuals who are being identified in the mass media as my friends, spokespeople and attorneys. With few exceptions, most of them are simply filling a desperate void in our culture that equates visibility with insight."
Jackson was arrested and charged after allegations of child sexual abuse, which the singer described as being "predicated on a big lie". He has surrendered his passport and been bailed for $3m, and is due to appear in court again in January.
Despite being deserted by some of his former celebrity friends and scant numbers of fans turning up at vigils to protest his innocence, Jackson's new album of number one singles went to the top of the chart in the UK last weekend.
This morning it was revealed that the star faces losing custody of his three children who might be made wards of the state. Jackson has two children with his former wife Debbie Rowe - six-year-old Prince Michael and five-year-old Paris. He also has a baby, Prince Michael II, with a surrogate mother.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London